[Incubation] Pure Bathing Culture / Widowspeak / Crystal Stilts up on incubation tracker

the happy one the at atmyheels.com
Thu Nov 7 21:13:54 PST 2013

I'm still kicking slightly.

Recorded at The Chapel back on October 18th.

Crystal Stilts
http://incubation.atmyheels.com/torrents-details.php?id=207

Widowspeak
http://incubation.atmyheels.com/torrents-details.php?id=206

Pure Bathing Culture
http://incubation.atmyheels.com/torrents-details.php?id=205

First time seeing these Slumberland and Captured Tracks artists.  Had this
been 2010-2011, this would have been a blazing hot bill, but now that we're
in the blechdom<http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=spigot-chr-gcmac&va=kevin+blechdom>of
2013, I'm not sure what to think.  Crystal Stilts in particular
started
out fairly lethargically, but got a good head of steam by the end of their
set.  If you thirst for more, head on over to nyctaper.com to download the
half dozen or more sets of theirs on that site.  Interestingly, they now
put up FLAC links on the site, no having to email them and having to wait a
few days for a response.  Any help on IDs songs would be appreciated...I
think all of the unidentified tracks are new, but there's not much in the
way of live stuff of theirs from this year to compare against.

Widowspeak (on record) lost their appeal a bit for me when they traded
their dark, spare sound for something a little bit more 70s/expansive, but
as my tastes adapt, thought they were OK, even if their longhair guitarist
didn't look challenged by the parts he was playing.

The surprise here was Pure Bathing Culture, not heard them before, but
found their songs were engaging, even if they were more than a bit
reminiscent of Fleetwood Mac...later found out they regularly do a cover of
"Dreams", so credit me for being perceptive.

Also recorded most of the Zachary Cale set, though there are technical
issues as my mic lead wasn't attached for the first song I recorded, which
was the third song in the set, as we arrived at showtime to see that,
refreshingly, the show had started.  I guess with four acts on the bill,
they had little choice.

Here's a link to my photoset on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26494411@N02/sets/72157637434913463/

--

Looks like somebody found time to ID all the Led Er Est tracks and the 4th
Chelsea Wolfe track for my Halloween 2011 recording:

http://www.atmyheels.com/2011/11/soft-moon-led-er-est-chelsea-wolfe-2011.html?showComment=1378091884197#c5576550796721278661

That's pretty much been the only comment on stuff on AMH the past couple of
months.  So it goes.

--Sam